In order to be effective for my constituents, I believe how I do this work is as important as what I do. Good governance requires:
- Leading with the community, being present and transparent, staying informed about the issues, and effectively communicating my work to constituents.
- Engaging with our diverse and vibrant community to not only understand what is needed, but how we can work and advocate together.
- Applying equity impact assessments to all pieces of legislation before they are put forward for approval. Before a bill becomes law, we must determine whether there is a disparate impact on disenfranchised and marginalized communities, particularly among our immigrant community, people of color, and our students.
- Stop approving unfunded mandates from the legislature.
- Staying open and transparent about my policy stances. That’s why I’m sharing questionnaires that I’ve completed thus far. Check back for more as the campaign continues.